1. In the web browser address, input the Actifile website address, "https://www.actifile.com" and press the "Enter" key. The Actifile website will be displayed.
2. Click on the Login link displayed at the top right corner of the Actifile main page. The "Login" Page will be displayed.
3. Login to Actifile using your registered Actifile Account credentials. Input your Actifile registered Email ID in the “Email” field, Password in the “Password” field and click on the “Login” button. The user will be navigated to the Actifile Home page.
4. Click on the "Downloads" tab. The "Downloads" Page will be displayed.
5. Click on the "Download for Windows (msi)" button. The Actifile Agent installer will be downloaded to your default Downloads folder.
6. Click on the Microsoft Windows Start button and type "cmd.exe" in the "Search programs and files" text box.
7. Under the Programs list, the "cmd.exe" will be displayed. Right click on the cmd.exe and click on the "Run as administrator " option
8. The Command prompt with administrative privileges will be displayed.
9. From the command prompt change the folder path to point to your default download directory where the Actifile Agent installer is available.
10. Type the following command and press enter to start the Actifile Agent in silent mode.
msiexec.exe /i "Actifile Agent.msi" login=<Input your Actifile Administrator account email id> password=<input your Actifile account password> proxy= http://<ip address of proxy server>:<port number> /quiet
For example, if your Actifile Administrator account email id is say, "firstname.lastname@example.org" and password is "QwsdR5_15", Proxy server IP address is 18.104.22.168 and port number is 3128 then the command input in the command prompt would be
10 a. For Business and Enterprise account, the Actifile agent can also be installed using the installation keys.
Type the following command and press enter to install the Actifile Agent in silent mode with installation keys
msiexec.exe /i "Actifile Agent.msi" installkey=<The installation keys for your account> proxy= http://<ip address of proxy server>:<port number> /quiet
For example, if your Actifile Agent installation key is say, "0000-0000-0000-0000", Proxy server IP address is 22.214.171.124 and port number is 3128 then the command input in the command prompt would be
11. The Actifile Agent will be successfully installed and the Actifile Icon will be displayed on the windows tray.