Pre-Requistes for Actifile Agent Installation
Before installing Actifile Agent on Windows, Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 or higher versions should have been installed.
To verify that Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 is installed on your machine,
1.Go to control panel, Programs.
2. On the left pane, click on the option, "Turn Windows features on or off
3. The following screen will be displayed
4. In case if the feature is not switched on, select the feature and click on the OK button to enable and install the feature.
Step by Step Installation Guidelines
1. Copy / Download the Actifile Agent Installer file, Actifile Agent.exe to the desired location in Windows.
2. Run the installer by double clicking on the installer file,Actifile Agent.exe . The Actifile Agent Setup screen will be displayed.
3. In the Destination Directory field, “Destination dir”, a default path of “C:\Program Files\Actifile Agent\” is displayed.
4. To change the default path, click on the “Change” button.The “Change destination” folder screen is displayed.
5. Input the desired path in the “Folder name” field and click on the “OK” button. The path input is displayed in the “Destination dir” field in the main screen.
6. Click on the Next button to proceed with the installation.
7. The “Ready to install Actifile Agent” screen will be displayed.
8. Click on the Install button.The Installing Actifile Agent Screen will be displayed.
9. After the installation is completed, the “Completed the Actifile Agent Setup Wizard” screen will be displayed.
10. Click on the Finish button.The installation will be completed successfully and the Actifile Agent login screen will be displayed.
11. Input your Registered Actifile Account Email Id, in the "User name" field, the Password in the "Password" field and click on the Sign In button. An Actifile icon in blue color will be displayed in the windows tray.
12. The Registered Actifile User should be successfully logged in to the Actifile Agent. The Actifile Agent will now start extracting files from the workstation, as per the extensions enabled in the Backup Settings, in Actifile Web.